Saturday, October 11, 2008

How We Love to Learn

I just read something in my Cosmopolitan magazine that was so simple, yet very insightful. It said, "Try everything you find interesting..."

Here is my list of things I find interesting:

-Snowboarding
-Vietnamese food
-Picnics
-Wine
-The 70's
-Western Europe
-Intellectuals
-Jazz, blues, and folk

So with these [and possibly more], I will try to dedicate some time towards learning about other cultures and walks of life.

Off the subject, another bit I also read said, "Most women think that love is a right, that it's ordained. Guess what? No one has to be in love with you. It's not a given. The only person who needs to love you is you."

And lastly, with the economy the way it is, I find it suiting adding the second list for a helpful ending.

Surprising things you can get for a dollar
A greeting card
An eyelash curler
Halloween candy
A dog toy
A corkscrew
A pair of socks
Giftwrap
A lint roller
A picture frame
A scented candle
Finally, a Hot-n-Spicy Chicken Sandwich from McDonald's [Mmm...]

No comments: